1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

New monitor and gaming

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by WilliamsChiang, Jul 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. WilliamsChiang

WilliamsChiang Thread Starter

I picked up a new LGe Monitor (L196WTQ), installed proper drivers and set everthing up.
    Only...
    It produces garbled desktop icons and a marquee like box around my mouse that flickers inconsistantly, images on my computer and the entire web are all completely fine.
    Games like World of Warcraft are flickering, garbled, and some things just shouldnt be there. Perhaps it has something to do with the Graphics Card? I have a Radeon 9800 Pro.
    Below is what I mean by "Garbled".

[​IMG]

Could someone help find my problem?

Oh yes, my screen size is 1440x900 and at 60hrz

2. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

Yeah, it looks to me like the card is artifacting on both the core and the memory. Is it overclocked?

3. WilliamsChiang

I forgot to mentionn, I don't know as much about computers as I believe I should. :/

Define: Artifacting, Overclocked, and what do you mean by core and the memory?

4. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

Core. GPU or gaphics core.

Memory. Video ram or graphics ram.

Overclocked. If you don't know what it is, I doubt you did it but it is a process in which you run a part at a higher/faster frequency than it was designed to run.

Artifacting.........Look at your screenshot. That is artifacting.

5. WilliamsChiang

Diagnostic? Get a new card?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/593346

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice