1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

New Monitor display issues..Settings or graphics card?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jeobsplyr, Dec 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jeobsplyr

jeobsplyr Thread Starter

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to the forum/site, and would like to pose a question. Recently I received a Samsung 943BWX 19" LCD monitor:eek:. It has 2 screen image modes (Auto and Wide). The Auto setting's display does not "fill" the screen (black borders on L & R sides). The Wide setting is like kind of "stretched" looking. My main concern is the graphics, mainly text. Lettering is not completely "black". My current display settings are 1028 x 728 @ High (24 Bit). Maybe I need some guidance in dialing in the proper display settings or would a switch from analog signal to DVI make my situation better:confused: I should mention all my machine has is the integrated video (VGA) connection. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Gateway 300SE (2002),1.2GHz, 512MB RAM
    Intel 82815 Graphics Controller
    Intel Celeron Processor

2. aka Brett

aka Brett Banned

The fonts look deformed while stretched,correct?
    Is there any higher resolution available other that 1028 x 728.you are going to have to go higher for a good picture.

3. jeobsplyr

jeobsplyr Thread Starter

Thanks Brett......I'll try that.

4. Courtneyc

Courtneyc

Your monitor's native resolution is 1440x900. This resolution is called 16x10 (or 1.6) resolution. If you set it at anything else, you will get weird results.

If you can set your video card to this resolution, it doesn't really matter if it's VGA or DVI anymore. In the past, DVI made a big difference. It doesn't anymore.

Courtney

5. jeobsplyr

jeobsplyr Thread Starter

Thanks Courtney,
    I've checked the all the display options and the one you suggest is not listed. Can you suggest anything else? Is there a way other than using Display Properties to change graphics card settings?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Jeobsplyr

6. aka Brett

aka Brett Banned

you can see if there is a more recent driver available for your pc

7. aka Brett

aka Brett Banned

sometimes there are advanced settings which let you control let you control display a little more-- in display options

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/785104

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice