1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

New Monitor Glitching up!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by akira77, Jan 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. akira77

akira77 Thread Starter

Argh! I just bought this monitor 3 days ago and already I'm having problems with it.

I'll make this short: My new monitor, a Sceptre 20.1" (you can see it here: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824112006 ) is having problems. Every few minutes or so, my screen will shake for a split second. This small rattle is usually followed by the screen blacking out for 2 seconds. This seems to happen at completely random intervals, but it won't stop!

I tested the monitor with other computers and systems (XBOX360), but it never had any problems. This leads me (ITJUSTDIDITAGAIN!!!) to assume that the problem is with my computer. Someone help!

I have a 6200 GeForce graphics card, AMD Athlon Processor, 2.01 GHz, and 1 gig of ram. My monitor is currently connected via a relatively old DVI-D cable.

2. Compiler

Compiler

Try it on another PC... New monitor, old DVI cable? SHouldn't make a differnce.

When you try it on another PC, it needs to use the same DVI cable and res. Then try it with another cable, even a regualar VGA cable.

3. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    it might also be worth looking for an updated driver

4. akira77

akira77 Thread Starter

I've got the most updated driver, and I have tried it on other comps. The problem isn't the monitor, it's my computer! Though, I believe I never encountered the issue on this computer with my old vga cable...

5. Compiler

Compiler

Well you know... that spanking new 7600GT card is looking mighty nice... ;)

6. akira77

akira77 Thread Starter

X_X I think my wallet just shot itself...

7. Compiler

Compiler

Sell the gun...

7600GTs are going for $135 nowadays... ;) But they are noisy unless they are the heat-pipe version (gigabyte $150 newegg) 7600gs will smoke the 6200, 40% slower as fast at $105~115 and about 10 to choose from.

Oh yeah... I remember ya. I don't remember if you were into playing games or not... if NOT, get a 7300GT for about $70... Some gaming, a 7600gs. pretty good gaming 7600gt. Need to kill everyone within 3 miles of you - an 8800GTX ($600).

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/538736

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice