Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Monitor not working on Dvi

3K views 14 replies 4 participants last post by  lynx1021 
#1 ·
I just picked up a acer gn246hl, I didn't have a dvi cable so I used the monitor on vga, everything worked perfectly fine, fast forward I got a Dvi-D cable so I plugged it into my pc and then into my monitor and powered evrything on, the little logo startup process happened and then the screen turned black when it would normally show the "starting windows animaton". After a little more blackness a blue box appears with the text "no signal" then the monitor goes black again and the power light turns orange/amber

Specs-
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD FX(tm)-6100 Six-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 21 Model 1 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 6
RAM: 8089 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560, -2048 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 122001 MB, Free - 457 MB; D: Total - 476937 MB, Free - 68661 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., M5A97 R2.0
Antivirus: AVG AntiVirus Free Edition, Updated and Enabled

Any help would be amazing <3

Been trying to fix this for about a week fml

See less See more
#9 ·
#10 ·
Well if it works on VGA then use it that way, or resell it and list it as only working on VGA. You didn't necessarily get scammed by the seller, he may have never used it on DVI or maybe it's something else in your system that's preventing it from working; the cable or the video card, or it's just a typical Acer product and broke.

#15 ·
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.