1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

New monitor problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Alastes, Sep 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Alastes

Alastes Thread Starter

Well I just purchased a really nice new LG 24" monitor, found here:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824005113

And I am experiencing problems. I am pretty sure it's defective and I will need to get it replaced but I wanted to be absolutely sure before I go through the process. After receiving it and hooking it up when I first turned the monitor on the picture looked okay. Then I started moving the mouse and everything went to crap.

The colors bleed and there are flashing vertical lines. I made sure I had the correct resolution and the correct refresh rate selected. I also tried it using both VGA and DVI hookups. I know it can't be my graphics card as my previous monitor is working just fine with it. My graphics card is here:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814134037

I don't know what else it could possibly be but I thought I would see if anybody had any suggestions. It would be great if it was just some setting that was off but I doubt it. Thanks

2. Alastes

Alastes Thread Starter

To be more descriptive it looks like trying to watch a movie on an old VHS player with the TV on the wrong channel. You can still see the desktop and even read some of the text but everything is distorted and the colors bleed

3. Alastes

Alastes Thread Starter

Oh and one other thing, I tried to update the drivers with the ones supplied on the CD that came with it but it just told me I already had the most up to date drivers so I'm assuming that isn't it either.

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    The chances are pretty high that its the monitor and you'll need to get it warrantied. You can always call LG and see what they say @ 1-800-243-0000

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/751695

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice