1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

NEW mother board please help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by 1^HiT, Apr 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. 1^HiT

1^HiT Thread Starter

I just recently got a new motherboard for my uncles computer... before it was working fine until we did some windows updates and when i restarted the computer it just did not work all of the sudden... it did turn on but it would freeze at the windows loading screen.... so i bought a new motherboard hoping to fix that problem... now having the new motherboard set up i try going into the bios and when i do my keyboard or computer ends up freezing... i can move up n down for a couple seconds then it just freezes... i hit f8 to go to boot menu and select the cd drive that my windows cd is in... then it says press any key to boot from cd then says it is checking my computer specs n such n from there it doesnt do anything.... please help

2. Sponsor

3. norton850

norton850

Before you got the new MB did you do any other checking to determine that it was the MB?

4. 1^HiT

1^HiT Thread Starter

well i took the computer to a shop and at first he thought it was the hard drive... so he changed it and tried installing windows and it did not work... well it did install and everything but it just froze at the windows loading screen.... now i got a new motherboard so im trying to install windows on it... this time... the problem is that i cant even get it to boot from cd... it just freezes or something im not entirely sure bios reads my cpu and ram... i even took out ram from my main computer and stuck it in there to see if it was the ram problem and its not... i hit DEL for bios menu... it does come up and let me move up n down for a couple seconds n then it just freezes... keyboard no longer works but lights are still on... i hit numlocks to see if the light will go on and off and it does not

5. norton850

norton850

Did it work when it left the shop?

6. 1^HiT

1^HiT Thread Starter

no it did not work... so i ended up buying a new motherboard... hoping for it to work it didint... by the way i didint mention this but my keyboard worked fine on the old motherboard... i WAS able to install windows but it just froze after it did the restart like it always does to continue the installation... for this motherboard... i cant even get it to install...

7. norton850

norton850

Perhaps time for some system specs.

8. 1^HiT

1^HiT Thread Starter

p4 2.4 ghz motherboard is from pc chips the fsb is 533 mhz ram is 512 stick from corsair xms series. I do have a graphics card but i decided for now to just use the one on the motherboard

9. RoBe

RoBe

533mhz fsb??
    are you sure that isn't the rated FSB?

you'd have to be running a multiplier of about 4.5 to get that

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/559124