1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

new motherboard fried infront of my eyes

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by play1998, Oct 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. play1998

play1998 Thread Starter

hey guys i just got a new MOBO+cpu combo pretty happy bout it

installed in no time booted the thing up and infront of my eyes one of the circuits on it literaly cought on fire for like 4 secs the thing i saw the flames on it, now guys i was grounding my self and all the mobo still gets power too it and still turns the fan on the cd rom all is functional is just that it will not post :(:L( and there is a black mark in the mobo where it cought on fire hahahaah

i never seen that before the worst thing is that is all operational but its wierd now the question is do you think when the store sees that, they will give me a refund or exchange i never had to return a part before damnn this sucks even though it was like 100 dollars i mean still was it something i did or it was just that was a dudd hahaha lol

2. buddhafabio

buddhafabio

probably was a defect. gatheryour reciepts and head to the store

3. play1998

play1998 Thread Starter

if no wanna budge the new mobo then what should i go kung fu on their *** hahah lol nah j/k but hey i am scared that cpu fried also hahah lol well got to go see

4. play1998

play1998 Thread Starter

ummmm ok guys here it goes finally found out what the problem was, hahaha guess what i had nt grounded the mobo correctly and it wa dangling on one end did not put a screw on it and that is how it fried when it touched the connection on it :( i fried 2 motherboard, the first they replaced it but the second one i am stuck with it do you guys think it could be fiuxed hahah i wanna try to fix it but don't knwo where to start, where can i get more info on motherboards, thanks

Ed

5. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I seriously doubt you'll fix the MB, and you'll probably spend lots of time and/or money trying. Chalk it up as a lesson learned and move on.

6. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Seriously, I think you should just go to a shop and have them install things for you ;)

7. compilerxp

compilerxp

Board is not fixable...

Double check your work on mobo #3.... or pay someone $40-50 to build it for you... ouch.

8. Rev Darkwing

Rev Darkwing

Lessons learned from a first time computer builder.
    1. Go Slow and read EVERYTHING and follow instructions carefully.
    2. Measure twice.. cut once
    3. Save the Jack Daniels for AFTER you are done working on the computer.
    4. Make sure you have plenty of light
    5. Go Slow and read EVERYTHING and follow instructions carefully.

9. compilerxp

compilerxp

heheheh...

Even Experinced users read manuals for new products...

Never work while drunk..

Don't let your dog help...

10. ~Candy~

I demand a recount! My cat helps me in everything I do....except I won't allow her to share my wine :D :D :D

and what's a manual?

11. play1998

play1998 Thread Starter

ummm i built a comp before but it just been a while i am really not a newbie lol but i wanna fix the mobo seee if could be done i need to start researching on this hehe :)

12. ~Candy~

The fact of the matter is, you could plug new components into the board and ruin the new parts too ;) I'd give up while you are ahead in $ on that board ;)

13. play1998

play1998 Thread Starter

hahah lol lol yah i guess you are right, i can't wait to get my engineering degree soon so i can make these things dopppeee

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/169916

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice