1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

New Motherboard Not Working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by xMyKeTx, Apr 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. xMyKeTx

xMyKeTx Thread Starter

I recently purchased a crappy MSI P31 Neo (as my old Gigabyte motherboard went out because of me putting my processor in crooked) and I'm having some issues.

The P31 Neo handbook says to make sure the voltage of the power supply is adjusted properly to 110/220V. I'm using, however, a power supply with 115/230V. Could this be the issue?

All components were tested and work properly, even the power supply, using a different motherboard.

When I press the power button, the power supply light flashes, the fans spin a hair, and nothing else happens. If I hold the power button down for a few seconds, let go, and press it again, the same thing happens again.

I've had two heated debates with the guy who sold me this motherboard and he claims he's tested it and it works fine, yet I'm not able to get it working. I've been building computers for many years and this is the first I've come across this issue.

I'm thinking my power supply is putting out too much juice for the MB to handle, but I'm probably wrong.

Any input would be helpful.

Thanks in advanced.

2. win2kpro

win2kpro

Some power supply selector switches are just marked differently. One marked 115/230v will work just the same as one marked 110/220v.

3. xMyKeTx

xMyKeTx Thread Starter

So... if it's not the power supply... what could it be?

4. win2kpro

win2kpro

Are you using the stock Intel processor cooler?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/701405

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice