new motherboard sounds =[

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bigballer818

Hey everyone i just built a new pc 2 days ago works great but i noticed that there is this sound coming from the motherboard about ever 10 sec-1 min its like a little zzz and i dont knwo wat 2 do =/ is it normal or wat

Ciberblade

Retired Moderator
Take the cover off and try to time it...to see if it is exactly the same each time. I would start by double-checking all my connectors/cards/sims/screws/bays/etc... it could be as simple as a fan rattle from a screw that needs to be tightened.

It would help to know what motherboard you have. ;)

[tsg=welcome]bigballer[/tsg]

bigballer818

gigabyte k8nxp-sli everythin is corect the sound seems 2 be coming by the northbridge chipset around there...

Ciberblade

Retired Moderator
Coming from a chipset...is generally not good. Almost sounds of an arch problem -- check your board to frame clearance first. Beyond that, I could theorize along the lines of poor solder connections or the like. In which case, I would try and contact support either by http://www.giga-byte.com or by phone :cool:

Ciberblade

Retired Moderator
Try this....remove the screws...and 'float' the mobo (don't forget to use a grounding strap) and see if the noise is still present.

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
You will want to be sure that the motherboard is not touching the metal case in any way.

I usually pull them out of the case and lay them on a flat non-static service and hook up just the basics.

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
I usually use a piece of cardboard.....smartarse :p

I meant SURFACE :p It's been a VERY long last two days :D

grab the legs of the fan then wate for the noise.

does it vibrate?

if you use a hdd connector to power the fan, it will do that.
i had a cheap PSU and when i plugged the fan up to it, the fans rps will skyrocket every once in a while.

and a volt meter picked up that the voltage goes 4V higher when the noise happens.

and after a while, the pc will freeze and i will hear a long non stop beep comming from the speakers.

the pc freezes it's self before any damage happens.

that was a long time ago
thats when i learned never buy a case for $10 that comes with a 350 watt psu and use that psu

Maybe a bad capacitor? (or whatever those things are called i'm too tired to know if that's right or not)

Right, and i'm not sure if they make any sounds when they're bad but maybe. If the case was touching the motherboard the computer wouldn't even turn on. Is there a fan on the northbridge?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online