Solved New motherboard won't start PC

Grncek

Hi, I upgraded my main PC and tried to upgrade my second(kinda old computer) with components from main computer. I bought new MBASRock B365 PRO4 - Intel B365 and used Intel Core i5-6500, HyperX Fury Black 8GB DDR4 2133 and Zalman ZM600-GSII - 600W. I put everything inside case and turned on PC but he immediatly turned off. I tried second PSU and got same result. I put MB, CPU, PSU and RAM outside of case and tried to turn in on just placed on the table and it was still the same with both PSU. I tried my old MB (that I damaged ... it was a reason why I upgraded main pc xd) with this setup and it worked fine ... Well it didnt work but atleast it didnt turn off after start. I think its most likely that new MB ...

Grncek

Also sorry for bad english and probably amateur way how to describe a issue ... Its my first post :----)))

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
ASRock B365 Pro4 Motherboard (support site)

It supports 8th and 9th generation Intel processors.

The Intel Core i5-6500 is a 6th generation processor and is not supported by that motherboard.

What is the description of the old motherboard which you say is damaged?

-------------------------------------------------

Grncek

ASRock B365 Pro4 Motherboard (support site)

It supports 8th and 9th generation Intel processors.

The Intel Core i5-6500 is a 6th generation processor and is not supported by that motherboard.

What is the description of the old motherboard which you say is damaged?

It was MSI B150M NIGHT ELF - Intel B150
Thanks now it all makes sense probably. I am not really into hardware person so I let one friend of mine choose the componentst. I guess that I should have checked better what he sent me.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
MSI B150M Night Elf Motherboard (support site)

It supports 6th generation Intel processors.

The Intel Core i5-6500 is a supported processor.

That's why it works with that motherboard.

Grncek

MSI B150M Night Elf Motherboard (support site)

It supports 6th generation Intel processors.

The Intel Core i5-6500 is a supported processor.

That's why it works with that motherboard.

Yes, I get it. Thank you very much. I was getting desperate and now I know that I never had a chance to success with this setup :D I am gonna return that MB and hopefully will get full price back and buy a new one that supports 6th generation :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online