1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

new motherboard

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by johnnychan, Sep 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. johnnychan

johnnychan Thread Starter

i just got a new motherboard today and video card...i have 4 hard drives, 2 dvd-roms, and a floppy drive hooked to my abit kd7-raid and ati raideon 9800 pro for the video card, also have creative lab 5.1 live for my sound card...at first it all loaded up good...then all of a sudden after i finish a game and went to get something to drink...my computer just shutted off...now i cant get it to turn back on...i've tried using another power supply i have as a spare 500w and the computer wont even turn on...is it the power supply??? or did i fry the motherboard??? cuz it was suppose to be brand new but it looked used to me...any help will be appreciated...thanks a bunch

2. Annorax

Annorax

Does it make any noises or flash any lights when you try to turn it on?

3. johnnychan

no noise what so ever...i just tried one of the power supplies on my other comp and it worked...so you think its the motherboard???

4. Annorax

Annorax

Do you know for sure that both power supplies work?

With no noise or fan startup, it is possible that your motherboard is damaged. Was it running hot? Do you smell or see any evidence of a burnout?

And just to be safe, check the connections to make sure they are solid, and correct.

5. johnnychan

no noise what so ever...i just tried one of the power supplies on my other comp and it worked...so you think its the motherboard???

6. johnnychan

yes they work...i'm using one of them right now on my other computer

7. johnnychan

umm ok let me try one more time cuz i tried just hooking the power supply to the motherboard itself and turn it on but it wont turn on...

8. johnnychan

k just tried it again...nothing happened...mannnnnnnn this sucks if i can't use that computer cuz i just bought the new video card too...well let me know if you got any suggestions on what else might be wrong with my computer...thanks

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/165131

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice