New Motherboard

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Speed_

Hi guys i need to get a new Motherboard but im not sure which 1 to get. My last motherboard was a K8V-MX Asus socket 754. Im not a expert at computers so bare with me on this, However if i was to upgrade to a socket 939 would that mean id have to buy a new processor because its not possible for a AMD 64 processor 3400+ to fit into a socket 939?. Could you explain what i would need to change to upgrade to a socket 939?.

Thanx for anyhelp

Speed

if you were going to upgrade to a socket 939 from 754, you'd need a new motherboard, cpu, and heatsink/fan. and depends if u have a agp or pcie video card i would recommend you get a board with PCIE because that is the future.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online