New mouse is sluggish

pd75

I just bought a new Microsoft corded mouse to replace my old Microsoft corded mouse after the rubber on the wheel came off. The new mouse works, but is sluggish. Is this normal for a new mouse? Does it need time to be broken in? I have a Dell desktop computer with Windows 10.

Try a different usb port
If issue persists return it and try maybe a different brand...... Logitech??

pd75

I switched USB ports, and it helped. Thank you. But I'm curious--why would a different USB port make a difference?

I have a Logitech wireless mouse for use with my work-issued laptop, but I have been disappointed with it. Perhaps it's because I bought one of the cheapest ones Logitech offers.

plodr

Liz
All mice are different. Have you looked in here and done anything to the speed?
mouse.jpg

Perhaps it is a simple case of increasing the speed.

pd75

I haven't--I don't know how to do that--but is there a trade-off between speed and accuracy?

One thing I did that helped is that I have the mouse on my desk now instead of on a mouse pad.

plodr

Liz
I'm not sure what you mean by accuracy. A mouse travels to a spot and you click it.

Oddba11

Jim
Depending on the surface type of the desk, you almost always need a mouse pad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online