1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

new network card

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by gmcsierra99, Jan 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gmcsierra99

gmcsierra99 Banned Thread Starter

just got a new network card for my Win.98 computer, put it in, started it up, and it said it found new hardware, then when it said cannot find drivers i put the cd in, was i surposed to have put the cd in way before that? and now i cant seem to get the setup anymore :( , can someone help me? thanks.

2. 1069

If you goto Control Panel > Add New Hardware and click next Windows will search for new hardware and take you through the installation process for the drivers.

3. gmcsierra99

ok, thanks 1069, im going to try that.

4. gmcsierra99

when i put in the verizon dsl cd, i had all the requirements checked except for the last one, NIC card? but i have my network card all hooked up and installed? (BTW, what you said with control panel etc. worked, and i extremely appreciate it (y))

5. 1069

Glad it worked for you (y)

You can, if you are happy to, mark this as "solved" in the thread tools at the top of your first post.

6. gmcsierra99

might have not seen this :eek: .

7. gmcsierra99

i have everything else checked for Verizon DSL requirements:

Operarting System
    Processor Speed
    Memory
    Free Hard Drive Space
    Network Interface Card (NIC)

like i said, everything else is checked, except NIC, that has a "X" next to it.

8. 1069

Sorry - thought we had it fixed.

Go to Control Panel > System > Device Manager > Network Adapters if your device is listed there click on it and click remove.

Reboot. Insert cd in drive. Then goto Add New Hardware and follow the prompts.

9. gmcsierra99

ok i did that. why am i getting the Westell WireSpeed Dual Connect Modem? i think thats what i have in here, for the heck of it i plugged in a USB cord from the DSL modem into the back of my computer to see if that would make it work but it didnt, and ever since then i have been getting that New Hardware message to install it.

10. gmcsierra99

ok never mind about that USB thing, i still had it plugged in, didnt know that.

11. 1069

Do you still have problems with your network card?

12. gmcsierra99

why when i go into my computer, i see Belkin on the E:? and then when i open the CD-ROM it dont say Belkin no more?

what do i have to setup?

13. gmcsierra99

shouldnt i see files with Belkin? because i see nothing.

14. gmcsierra99

cant i save the install some where? soo i dont have to keep putting in the CD? thats what i have to do.

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/437467

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice