1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

New note book , XP wrong language need bootable CD

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by sifter, Jan 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sifter

sifter Thread Starter

Hi

Yeterday I purchased a new Fujitsu Siemens XI1526 17" note book , It came with German Windows XP Home addition..

Not being German I want to use my other English Win XP install disc, the notebook came with a Win XP recovery disc, it has SP2 and SATA / RAID support incoperated unlike my Win XP disc..

Ok , so I spoke to Siemens support and they told me to use my own CD I must load up the SATA drivers on to floppy "USB Drive" and when prompted to install Raid / SATA drivers must press F6 on start of install "I already know this" ok, so all is going well...

Then I format my drives and then Windows starts the install but before it does I get a message " VIA Raid Combo Driver Diskette" need to be inserted to A:

Well Im using a USB floppy so again I asked Simens and they told me that my USB floppy is probably not being support "Bah" in other words "Get a diffrent make such as NEC"

But I dont want to give up their so I've spent 2 days trying to make a bootable CD with SATA / Raid incoperated using This TUT but I keep getting errors in the TXTSETUP.SIF file..

My easiest solution would be to get a Siemens Fujitsu Win XP recovery disc in English "Any one have one let me know"

But apart from the above info is their any other way of getting this to work apart from Disc in English from Siemens "or Similar" or a diffrent floppy drive..

Thx

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
  3. sifter

sifter Thread Starter

thx for fast reply but the German recovery disc of Win XP doesnt support multi language , I can do all that you have written in your post but the main language for Windows is still in German i.e the start menu , explorer ect etc

4. sifter

sifter Thread Starter

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!