New Outlook Problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Warthog1

Steve
'Morning all

I'm running a Dell Inspiron 7010 laptop, Windows 10 and have recently purchased and installed Office 365 Home. My Outlook is a nightmare--often stops responding and I have to close in Task Manager and restart. Seems to be sending and receiving, but sent messages prior to the installation are not displaying. I've run SCANPST a few times--solved a couple problems at first but those listed above remain.

Microsoft UK, bless them, are 'not providing telephone tech support.' I'm a novice, but reasonably competent computer user. Can anyone suggest a fix--preferably with instructions?

Thanks

Couriant

James
Why are they not providing support?

Anyways, who is your email provider? Did you set up your email as a POP or IMAP service? If POP, then you would not see the sent items.

You could also repair office both online and offline by going to Add-Remove programs (or Apps in Windows 10) and click on Modify.

Falling short of that, you can create a new temporary profile and see if that helps.

Warthog1

Steve
Hi Couriant and thanks for your reply.

I don't know why they've cut off support. I live in UK and when you call them there's a recording saying they're not providing telephone support :-(

My ISP is BT and I'm using Gmail via Outlook

I've tried all of those suggestions, including a new profile, and completely uninstalled/reinstalled Office 365. Outlook working exactly the same. Sends and receives OK, but previous sent messages are not displayed.

Haven't had the 'not responding' routine since I reinstalled, but I'm not holding my breath. I am, however pretty much out of ideas.

Couriant

James
Hmm.. maybe due to covid they don't have people in the UK, but I would have thought they would redirect you to another country.

G-Mail should be IMAP... can you find the emails in Sent Items online?

I'm using the windows 10 mail app which uses the same server as your Outlook does. I've been have some very similar issues for the past several weeks. I'm beginning to wonder if there is some sort of server issue.

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Did you set up the email account(s) as POP or IMAP?

Who is your email provider(s)?

Did you set up the email account(s) as POP or IMAP?

Who is your email provider(s)?
They're all IMAP. 1 Gmail and 5 MS (outlook.com)

It's no biggy....just noticing the weirdness for the past few weeks, before and after a clean install. Especially with the "we don't have permission to receive emails for this account" and it's supposedly from MS.

Heck, I even closed my last live.com account, which took 60 days for that to happen and I'm still getting an email for that account about permission. Just incase that account was hacked.

To top all that off this is a clean install, just over 10 days.

Couriant

James
Hmm.. maybe due to covid they don't have people in the UK, but I would have thought they would redirect you to another country.

G-Mail should be IMAP... can you find the emails in Sent Items online?
@Warthog1 still with us? Sorry for 'commandeering' your thread

The problem may indeed be a local problem of the server itself or the security of the client itself.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts