New PC advice

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Novictory

I am thinking of buying a certified refurbished Dell: specs:
Dell E5410 Laptop Computer Intel Core i5 520 2.4GHz 8GB DDR3 Ram 320GB Hard Drive -- It's in the affordable camp and has just what I need for soft stuff. In other words, no hard gaming. It has to be better than the 2011 Compaq laptop that is not too swift these days or has it ever been- except on rare occasions.

Spec: Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 900 @ 2.20GHz, Intel64
RAM: 3002 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family, 1309 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 287270 MB, Free - 210735 MB; D: Total - 17669 MB, Free - 2556 MB; F: Total - 99 MB, Free - 93 MB;
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 1484
Any thoughts on this. Thanks very much.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Are you actually referring to a Intel Core i5-520M 2.40 GHz processor in that Dell Latitude E5410 laptop?
Can you submit the webpage link where it's selling?

--------------------------------------------------------------

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
The refurbisher (MicroBee) which sells that laptop through Amazon has about a 91% positive rating from its customers, so it may be a good deal.
Good luck with it.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Novictory

Thanks for that. I am going to look at some of the comments by people who have purchased from them and see what gives...the specs look much better than my old Compaq -

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
That Dell has a much faster processor and much more RAM than your HP/Compaq, so you should see a noticeable increase in speed and performance.

And because it's refurbished, it shouldn't have all the useless "bloatware" that a brand new one does.

I've bought nothing but refurbished Dell desktops and laptops since 2008.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Novictory

Oh wow. That's great news -- that you have bought nothing but refurbished pcs. Also the specs are a vast improvement over present laptop. This refurbisher actually has a 93% rating over lifetime. I guess a 91% positive over a 9% negative in the last month is still pretty good.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online