1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

New PC Build for gamin, opinions needed!

Discussion in 'Games' started by Visceral_Teej, Oct 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Visceral_Teej

Visceral_Teej Thread Starter

Hey, I'm building a new PC and the main purpose is for gaming. I want to be able to run graphically advanced games such as Battlefield 3 on maximum settings etc, and I'd just like some opinions in the current build I'm going for.

nVidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti
    ASRock Z68 Pro3 2nd Generation
    Intel Core i5 2500k 3.3 GHz
    Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus Processor Cooler
    8GB RAM 1600 MHz DDR3

Also, someone mentioned that a 1GB 560 Ti might not cut it at high resolution, is this true?

And how important is Anti Aliasing?

2. Visceral_Teej

Wow, 85 view and no replies. Can't anyone help me? Or did I post this in the wrong place?

3. Tanis

Tanis

First Name:
    Shane
    Hi and welcome to TSG.

A few thoughts / opinions from me:

I would look for a Gigabyte or possibly Asus motherboard personally, they tend to be better quality in my experience.

Are you planning to overclock? If not, dont waste money on an aftermarket CPU cooler, they really aren't needed if you set the system up nicely.

What case are you going to be using?

What powersupply? This is very important and probably the most overlooked component in a PC, especially a gaming machine.

I ran the BF3 Beta fine at 1920x1080 on a single GTX 460 with decent graphics settings (not maxed but above mid range).

4. Visceral_Teej

Are the gigabyte/asus motherboards much better? I'm trying not to spend too much money on this. Also, what advantages are there to using an Asus or Gigabyte.
    Yes, I plan to overclock it.
    Power Supply: Either a Corsair 650W Enthusiast or Professional

5. iRiguez

iRiguez

I would recommend a Gigabyte Z68 XP UD4. Awesome board, 2 PCIE lanes, low temps, great value, awesome warranty, etc.

6. zyngachip

zyngachip

intel core i5 is a beast, I used it on my own rig recently..great setup - good luck :)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1024264

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice