New pc build turning on but not monitor not receiving signal

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jojowoodo

Hello!
I recently made a new pc build, thong is that now when i turn on the pc the cpu, and all other fans including the led lights are working but the monitor is not showing anything (tried using 2 different ones) i have tried using hdmi on both the gpu and the integrated cpu and even tried using an vga cable but nothing is working.
I have even tried usong only one ram slot but to no avail.
My specs are:
Intal Core i5 7500 - Kaby Lake - 3.40GHz
CM HYPER TX3I 1366 - 1156

ADATA SP550 240GB SSD 2.5inch SATA3 6Gb/s
ASROCK B250M-HDV LGA1151
Corsair VS 650 psu
Gigabyte radeon Hd 7970 Windforce 3X HDMI 2xDP 3GB
I hope this helps, bc i have tried to get this working for 6 hours now, and i really need to get it working for an essay.
Thanks!

How are you connecting the monitor to the PC...what cable? Are you connecting it to the mobo or to the GPU?

jojowoodo

How are you connecting the monitor to the PC...what cable? Are you connecting it to the mobo or to the GPU?
I have tried connecting it using both An Hdmi cord and a vga one, and i have tried connecting it to both the mobo a and the gpu

You need to use a DVI cable....I've run into the eact same issue as you have on a few builds, and soon as I used a DVI cable, monitor received a signal.

No (it might)....DVI to DVI. As a PC enthusiast, I have a few of each cables lying around for just such troubleshooting.

Have u plugged in the power plug for the CPU on the mobo?
Have u plugged in the power connectors for the video card

crjdriver

This just jumps out at me
Corsair VS 650 psu
The VS series is an entry level [read low end] pw supply and as such, it is NOT intended for use with a real video card. This is the very first place I would start ie install a quality pw supply.
Next have you read the guide at the top of the hardware forum for problem builds? If not, do so. If you follow ALL of the steps in the guide, you will find the cause of your problem.

Some common errors for new builders;
1 The 4/8pin aux pw connector is not plugged in
2 Motherboard shorting to the case due to an incorrect placement of standoffs
3 Cooler not installed correctly. Since you have a coolermaster [and the lower end one] these are not the easiest things to install. BTW the 212 type is a much better cooler.

Just an observation, you have some miss-matched parts. You have a motherboard with a businsess chipset however you have installed a real video card. The B series chipset is a business chipset and not intended for gaming use [which I assume since you installed a real video card] In addition, you have a VS pw supply which is for a very basic build ie low end cpu, running onboard/onchip video. To build a system with good performance, ALL of the parts need to work together to achieve good performance.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online