New Pc build

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

h38d_hunt3r

Hi everyone, i am planning to build a new pc using parts that i have and buying some others. This is what i plan on building. Could you please tell me if all these parts are compatible and there are no obvious errors to people more experienced than me. Thanks. :cool:

800W ORYXX "TITAN" SILENT, DUAL 12V RAIL PSU

800W Max output
+5V = 24A, +5VSB = 3A
+12V(1) = 20A, +12(2)V = 20A
-12V = 0.8A +3.3V = 24A

Sapphire ATi HD4850

Display Output: Dual DL-DVI-I+HDTV
Core Clock: 625 MHz
Memory Clock: 993MHz, 1986 Mbps.
PCI Express 2.0 x16 bus interface
512MB /256bit GDDR3 memory interface
Single Slot Active Cooler
HDMI compliant via dongle
7.1 Audio Channel Support
Microsoft® DirectX® 10.1 support
Shader Model 4.1 support

Motherboard: Intel 945G Express

Data Bus Speed: 1066 MHz

2x PNY PC6400 1GB DDR2 DIMM MEMORY

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6300

CPU Socket Type LGA 775
Operating Frequency 1.86GHz
FSB 1066MHz
L2 Cache 2M shared
Manufacturing Tech 65 nm

That is all i have planned at the moment, if you need any more details please ask and i will reply when i wake up tomorrow morning. Thanks in advance for everyones help :)

It doesnt matter whether they are compatible or not, you just need a motherboard that has the right sockets for them all and an operating system that can handle it. 800W i think is overkill (Unless your planning to use CrossFire or a blazingly fast CPU) but its better than nothing.

Also, you could check if everything works by basically looking at the motherboard user manual. Its usually got what sort of sockets there are, what it supports etc.

Btw, Intel 945G Express is the name of the chipset, not the motherboard, what motherboard are you using? e.g. Gigabyte S-Series motherboard with Intel G31 chipset etc.

If you want less headaches, take the model number of the motherboard and go to www.crucial,kingston or corsair.com and buy the exact model numbers they recommend in their configurators.

If you are building this pc for gaming i prefer N-Vidia graphics card (Because i had a lot problem with any kind of Ati card. I used 10 different Ati card before than N-Vidia card. I am so happy with N-Vidia now.) And motherboard has SLI. Try to get your Cpu speed more than 2.00Ghz and cache least 4mb.

h38d_hunt3r

Motherboard description

Motherboard manufacturer's name: ASUS P5LP-LE
HP/Compaq name: Leonite-GL8E

CPU/Processor Socket: 775
Supports the following processors:
Core 2 Duo E6x00
Core 2 Duo E4x00
Pentium D 9x0 Dual Core
Pentium D 8xx Dual Core
Pentium 4 6x1 series
Celeron D 3xx series

well 1.8 dual core is more than enough to run most high-quality games at reasonable settings. I use 1.66Ghz Centrino Duo and a 256MB 8600GT Mobility card to play Test Drive Unlimited at Full 1080p High Def. on my LCD TV with minimal shudders.

So, your motherboard supports your CPU.... does it have PCI-E slot for your GFX card? Does it support your DDR2 memory? theres a lot of questions to be answered. Use Rich's method, it seems a lot easier

h38d_hunt3r

Yes it supports my CPU and memory, as i have them both installed and working now. I will be upgrading my PSU and GPU. Cheers

Hmmm, sounds pretty good to me, but if your thinking about upgrading the processor you need to remember that at the moment with the way games are scripted and all a 3.00Ghz Dual Core Processor will out perfore a 2.5Ghz Quad Core in most games, Luckily mone is a 2.6Ghz Quad, Phenom for the win :p

crjdriver

It doesnt matter whether they are compatible or not
WHAT??? I assume you have never heard of the granite bay/ati9800 series conflict. Yes the compatibility of parts does matter. As for the original poster, it would help if you posted links to the parts you intend to use for your build AND what you intend to use the build for; ie gaming, video editing, etc.

To the original poster:
The power supply sounds like crap. A massive crap. Also, it doesn't even have enough power for the Radeon 4850. (dual 20 A 12 V rails). Save yourself from headaches and broken components, and get a quality brand PSU. 600 W is well enough for your needs, if the watts have some kind of real power behind them. That one doesn't have.
I would also suggest to ignore all the guys except crj and Rich-M that have posted here. (well, TK31 has some kind of a clue what he's talking about, except this : (It doesnt matter whether they are compatible or not,) as crj pointed out.
That processor is quite low, but good mid-range power.
Also, links would be a great help to help you.

PSU
Looks good, though modular can save a lot of headache with cable management.

GPU
Should be OK, but I'm with By_Rock in that ATI has always given me troubles, Nvidia is the way to go

Motherboard
Is good, but I would go with an Intel board, you will get a lot more stability with it.

Memory
It's supported by Motherboard, and should run fast in dual channel (make sure you plug the memory in right, skipping a slot between each)
I would however recommend going with a better brand (I use Kingston and it has served me well)

CPU
Will work but it doesn't match the power of the rest of your system, would recommend a faster one. At least 2GHz (Stick with Dual Core)

whoops, your right I was looking at the FSB ratings. How embarrassing sorry for bad info, and thanks BG-0 for catching that
It is 5am for me though, cut me some slack :S

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts