1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

new pc crashes 5-10 times daily....

Discussion in 'Games' started by dlg0187, Apr 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dlg0187

dlg0187 Thread Starter

thanx in advance to all those who help...i just bought a biostar m7ncd pro with an amd barton 2500 and an apollo ati radeon 9600 se. i overclocked a bit... just enough to post as a 3200 and corsair 3200 xms. every thing is stable... burn in tests are excellent, so are benchmarks. the problem is when playing battlefield, i get the blue screen of death. the system crashes only when i win... :mad: right after i get the victory, ....blue screen in my face.... :confused: just the blue screen...no letters. have to restart. ........ anyone? suggestions? thanks so much...

2. dlg0187

dlg0187 Thread Starter

i tried everything....reconfigured bios settings, underclocked, raised/lowered voltage, change video settigns on battle field, disabled hydravision and reconfigured settings, reconfigured agp and 3d settings...everything i can tink of and still nothing.... can any one help?? am i missing something? thanks all

3. amphibian

amphibian

Have you tried reinstalling the game and downloading/install all patches for the game?

4. McTimson

McTimson

Have you tried running it when the chip is not overclocked?

What kind of power supply are you using, what make and model?

5. dlg0187

dlg0187 Thread Starter

aw man..this thing sucks... been trying all day to fix this... since i first posted, i have reset the bios settings to optimal..disconnected usb optical mouse, connected an old ps/2 roller ball mouse...same problem...i am writng this post right now just minutes after another failed attempt on battlefield..my cpu temp is 34 degrees c. and yes sir...i did try running the chip not overclocked...i tried it all over clock, underclock, 3 o' clock...everything i know... but hey...never thought about the power supply. i bought it used. for a mere 5$.dont even have a brand name. could that be it? dont know much about power supplies, but it has a switch in the back to change from 115 to 230. thank you all very much for your help so far, i hope ill get this pc running perfectly in time for my little brother's birthday...

6. dlg0187

dlg0187 Thread Starter

o yea.. and ill try another power supply on the darn thing tomorow (y)

7. McTimson

McTimson

DON'T try to change that switch, whatever you do. That's the voltage switch, for when you're using it in Europe, where the outlets are different....changing that could severely damage something. If you open the case, on the side of the power supply, there should be a label or something that would have a brand on it....it might even say how many watts it supports somewhere.

8. dlg0187

dlg0187 Thread Starter

ok....the old power supply is brandless...i tried another power supply... and i disconneted everything on pc....1394 card, cd roms, writers, zip drives, everything..and still nothing. only when we get the victory on battlefield-single player-campaign would i get the word-less blue error screen. i have 5 fans in there, so that isnt it, i even pointed one straight at the video card, nothin. the other power supply i have is from a compaq and it reads 250 wat total output power. i hooked it up..same problem. so i dont think its the hard ware. thanks

9. McTimson

McTimson

What are the wattages of all the power supplies you tried?

10. dlg0187

dlg0187 Thread Starter

im sorry for my lack of knowledge, but i dont really know about power supplies..attached is a picture of the power supply i tried on my pc with no positive results

Attached Files:

11. McTimson

McTimson

OK, but what about the other power supplies?

12. dlg0187

dlg0187 Thread Starter

this is my current power supply

Attached Files:

13. dlg0187

dlg0187 Thread Starter

my current power supply, the "powerman", bought it used and full of dust for 5 bucks. and its fan blows air INTO the computer :confused: the compaq power supply was taken out of a 2 year old compaq that stopped workin 1 year ago...looks new. (y) .either way, i get the same problems with battlefield, that aside, which power supply should i keep?

14. McTimson

McTimson

The Compaq one is better, but still not enough to run that system. I recommend getting a minimum 300w power supply, from a good brand, like Sparkle, Antec....basically, with power supplies, you get what you pay for, many cheap brands will claim like 450w or so, but they can only run at 450w for a few seconds...good brands run at their rated specs for a much longer time.

15. dlg0187

dlg0187 Thread Starter

thank you very much mctimson for all your help... and now i solved the problem:...
    my audi driver was causing the conflict...i went to computer management and disabled my realtek ac'97 audio and yep...that was it. so now i guess ima have to find an update, or install a different driver, or change some battlefield audi settings...once i completely solve the problem..ill let everyone know and exactly how i did it. (y)

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/220000

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice