Solved New pc (Gigabyte Z370M-D3H), no internet connection

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

VascoC

Hi there, I just bought a new pc with motherboard Gigabyte Z370M-D3H, installed a fresh windows 8.1 and proceeded to install the motherboards drivers that are on the DVD. The problem is that I can't connect to the internet after installed the LAN drivers, the connection is always limited.

Things I've tried:
- Installed a different version of the drivers, didnt work.
- changed a couple options LAN related on the BIOS, didnt work.
- did ipconfig release + renew, didnt work.
- tried using a fixed IP and DNS adress, still didnt work.

Sometimes when I plug the ethernet cable the connector lights dont even light up, usually they do with only the orange one blinking and the green always on.
Right now, my connection is "Unidentified network; public network".

If someone could help I would really appreciate it. cmd.png unidentified network.png

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter

TerryNet

Terry
Have you confirmed that the ethernet cable is good (all 8 wires needed for gigabit, not just the 4 that would be sufficient for 10/100 Mbps)?

VascoC

Have you confirmed that the ethernet cable is good (all 8 wires needed for gigabit, not just the 4 that would be sufficient for 10/100 Mbps)?
Yes the cable is good and working for other computers, with 8 wires.

VascoC

I cannot understand why it shows the lan adapter as 219v
according to the motherboard spec it is the intel gbe lan adapter
that said if you look at your screenshot of the adapter properties you have no
IPv4 or IPv6 connection
Presuming it is the 219v
try this driver
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/23071/?product=82186

From your motherboard
LAN
  1. Intel® GbE LAN chip (10/100/1000 Mbit)
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/Z370M-D3H-rev-10#sp

It is strange indeed, but even with that driver, no luck, still the same problem

managed

Allan
You're welcome. :)

(if you're sure it's fixed please mark this thread 'Solved' with the button at the top of your page).

I also had problems installing the LAN driver for this motherboard in Windows 10 Pro. As this is a recent thread I'll put my findings as well in case anyone else experiences problems. Both Gigabytes and Intels drivers would time out with the Intel one saying that no Intel network adapters were found! I believed I had a faulty motherboard. But I booted with Puppy Linux on a USB cd drive and the network worked fine.

So back to Windows 10 and although I had tried a manual driver update I was still selecting the drivers it said were installed which were two versions of the Intel 1219-V and these would still timeout saying I didn't have an Intel network adapter. Finally got working by extracting the driver files and then selecting the Have Disk option and selecting a folder that had the INF files in it (I believe I choose the Universal folder in the latest NDIS folder, but no idea if that made a difference). It installed in seconds and once it was working I was then able to reinstall the latest driver from the Intel site without the timeout occurring and all seems to be working fine now.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online