New PC No Power

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

joeheathuk

Hi folks just started a pc build. have asus a8v mobo, amd athlon 64bit 3200 and 400watt psu. however it dosn't power up! :( tried stripping down to barebones however same problem. everything is connected up fine as i've checked twice over. the mobo led comes on fine and emitts 1 small beep which usually meas everything is working fine. however even the case fans and the psu fan don't start up. i've tried my monitor cable with the psu so i know it aint that. could it be the psu itself? Cheers in advance :)

might try taking the battery out for about 20 minutes to let it clear and try again

joeheathuk

What effect will taking the battery out have? is this the same as clearing the cmos? Cheers Gaftop1.

no it clears everything and takes it back to like a new board. are all the jumpers set correctly

joeheathuk

yeah jumpers are set properly. I've took the battery out for now and will test it soon. i'm really baffled because should the case fans when plugged directly into the PSU not start up even if no power is going to the mobo. cheers.

think the mb triggers all the electrical everywhere else. not sure. when fans are plugged into psu they don't come on until the mb is triggered.

:) Sounds like the mobo is grounding out on the case somewhere, most likely on a misplaced standoff. Try the mobo outside of the case (on a non-conductive surface), connecting only the processor, one stick of ram, monitor, keyboard and mouse to see if it will POST. If it does check the placement of the standoffs.

Good luck.

Kilowatt

joeheathuk

Thanks. Hopefully it is only being grounded as you's sugested and nothing serious wrong with mobo. Will try tomorrow nite and post back as i'm off to bed as have work early tomorrow :( . Cheers again. :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online