New PC set up for my son

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

confusedcanuck

Hi to everyone on this forum and thanks in advance for any advice you can offer!!!

My Son has purchased a new gaming PC with his hard earned money to play fortnite. He usually plays on his PS4 and we were trying to link the accounts. When we try to link them on the PC an error message "cannot connect to server" comes up. I have tried to contact both playstation support as well as microsoft with no success.

Does anyone have any ideas and please keep in mind unfort. I am very computer illiterate to say the least. It came with a TP-link 150 Mbps wireless adapter that I went online and downloaded the driver with the correct version as I thought the connection may have been an issue but seems ok.

Any help would be appreciated!!!

How are you trying to connect the accounts? Are you doing it like this:

When does the error happen? When signing into playstation network or when signing into Epic? Note Fortnite is made by Epic, Microsoft has nothing to do with this.

confusedcanuck

Thanks for your reply DRPC. I Appreciate it. So we followed those EXACT directions and at the very end it says the error. We just tried it again now.

Just a side note, we have previously linked his PlayStation account with his switch account. Can you only have one main account and one linked? Have we reached the max or can you also link a PC account?

Thanks.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online