1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

New PC - Unstable Heaven :(

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DarkWater, Jan 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. DarkWater

DarkWater Thread Starter

My new PC is giving me some pain....

(Asus M2V, 2x512Mb DDR800, 7600GS, 3600+ x2, 120gb WD)

Well my first problem is that sometimes when I restart the PC my bios bootup screen is like in filled with coloured block and character problems...might be the VGA card memory or something...will be checking what it does with my buddy's VGA card....

The real problem is the Realtek HD Crap Audio...I currently have it connected to a Logitech Z5400 Audio System via the direct 6 channel analog connections....pffft...i set it 2 6 channel and everything works great until I restart then I just get crackles and pops...so then I set it to 2 Channel and back to 6 Channel and it works again....well until you restart....Sucks!

Tried the latest bios update and Sound drivers...

This is the system problems sofar.....

-Graphical Problems on startup
    -Freezed twice on windows startup
    -Onboard audio all messed up in 6 channel
    -Some programs (ex.Powerdvd) just does not open
    -Quite unstable
    -and unresponsive

Great ... I love my new PC... ....notttt!!!

Is it just me but is this lately the problem with new hardware....think about the system I just told you about above....

Ok...let's say you have to troubleshoot the thing...

Well it's got DDR2,AM2,PCIeX etc etc....not the type of parts you just have lying around to chop and change to test around with...

My problem can be the board,memory,psu,graphics card or even worse case senario the cpu....or maybe they all work 100% and it's just incompatibility between them somewhere....ahhhh!!! this really sucks

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

First of all, it would help if you posted exact specs AND links to your parts ie xxx power supply, kingston hyperX ram, etc.

Next have you tested the ram with a ram tester like memtest86?

What brand and wattage of power supply do you have?

Did you do a clean install of windows or attempt to connect a drive with windows already installed?

3. DarkWater

DarkWater Thread Starter

Err...my specs are like in the PC specs tab.... :?

4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

You need to provide links to your parts. It enables someone to check the specs. Just from the specs in your sig, I really doubt the ram appears on the asus qvl list. I have never heard of that brand of ram.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!