1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

New PC will not Boot

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by hatdan, Feb 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hatdan

hatdan Thread Starter

I put together a new pc and put my old disk drive in it, which is 80 gig and was working fine in another computer. It has a chaintech v915p motherboard, and a intel 3.2 processor, with 512 memory. I turn it on and it powers up and gets to the screen, do I want to boot in safe mode or normal. It doesn't matter which I pick, it reboots and comes up to the same screen to boot up in safe mode or normal. The BIOs see the disk drive and the size of it. I have checked the jumper and it is right. I have disconnected the cd and diskette drives.

2. NightLord

NightLord

It sounds to me that you're trying to boot an old HDD with Windows system and everything on brand new hardware? If you're sure that the drive is properly installed and configured as primary master (check jumper) than you should definitely try formatting your drive and reinstalling windows 'cause that would be the most probable cause of your trouble.
    Does windows setup see the drive properly?

Cheers!

/NL

3. colmaca

colmaca

the problem is that the hard drive has all the drivers installed from the other system,so when it tries to load it says(stuff this,hardware no match my windows)
    i'll reboot.
    you must reinstall windows or maybe a repair install will work.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/328068

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice