1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

New PC will not display on Samsung 4K tv

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by UnicornGhost6, Jan 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UnicornGhost6

UnicornGhost6 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Joshua
    Hello All,
    I am new here, and new to forums in general. So please work with me, and educate me if I am not using proper etiquette.
    I received a new computer that I customized and had built for me. I will get into specs later. Upon booting up the computer I received a no signal message from my Samsung 4K Smart UHDtv (50UHD6950). The connection is HDMI to HDMI. I tried all ports (rebooting the computer each time), DVI to HDMI, and nothing worked. I live on a military base in the barracks so I asked for help from a friend who builds computers. He brought over his monitor and VGA cable and it worked fine. After setting up the computer and loading Windows 10 we then plugged in my tv via hdmi to hdmi and the image loaded perfectly as an extension screen. I then disconnected the monitor and the tv switched as the main screen no problem. It works fine now as long as I do not power down my PC. As soon as I do I have to find another monitor, and/or tv to load the computer onto. Also a side note for a time I could boot on my HDTV if I signed in to my computer blind. Once windows loaded the screen would display the image. That did not last for long however. I've tried tech support from the company I used, but they just blame Samsung.
    Computer specs are:
    Intel I7-5820K 3.3 GHZ
    ADATA 4GB DDR4-2800 (4 sticks totaling 16Gb)
    MSI X99A Gaming 7
    EVGA NVidia ACX 2.0+ GTX 980 TI 6GB GDDR5 Superclock
    Windows 10

2. Tanis

Tanis

First Name:
    Shane
    Hi and welcome to TSG.

A few basics to check:

- Do you turn the TV on before the PC?
    - When you switch on the PC have you checked through the input options for the TV incase it is defaulting to the wrong input and not updating automatically. i.e. manually selecting the HDMI input on the TV after you have turned the PC on.

3. UnicornGhost6

UnicornGhost6 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Joshua
    Thank you,
    My apologies I should have included this.
    I have tried both ways of having the Tv on first or second. I have checked the Tv input options and cycled through all options to be safe. Also have toggled UHD Color option on Tv on and off. Heard of cases where this resolved the issue. That was not the case for me.
    I usually power the Tv on then the computer.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1164482

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice