1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

New PC - Windows 7 - Blue Screen of Death

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by AFAS00, Feb 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. AFAS00

AFAS00 Thread Starter

Hi,

I need urgent help with my new "Lenovo ThinkPad X140e" laptop. The OS is "Windows 7 Professional". Recently, my laptop crashed and I received the "Blue Screen of Death" when I attempted to start. Launching in "Safe Mode" also failed. I attempted to repair Windows 7, but this also failed. As a final attempt, I attempted to "Restore" my laptop. This worked, and was able to successfully access my Desktop. However, all of the "System" Files / Applications appear to be missing. Additionally, the MS/Office 2010 Professional I purchased does not launch. When I "Restart" in "Safe Mode", all of the missing files/applications show up, but I am unable to launch.

I don't know what actually happened, but I would like to fix the issues. Part of the issue may be Corrupted "User Account", but I am not certain. Please Help...

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version:
    Processor:
    Processor Count:
    RAM:
    Graphics Card:
    Hard Drives:
    Motherboard:
    Antivirus: None

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    Did you use System Restore or a built-in factory restore ? If you aren't sure please tell us how you started the restore process.

3. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Sorry, but if this is a new laptop, I'd be returning it. New hardware should not bluescreen and you should not waste time trying to fix it, particularly if it is a hardware problem.

4. AFAS00

AFAS00 Thread Starter

Hi,

I used the "System Restore" function built into Windows. However, during the restore process, errors were encountered, and when the system rebooted, the Files / Applications are missing. But they are visible in "Safe Mode", and I was able to launch a couple of them.

I have not tested all of the applications, and unsure if all work in "Safe Mode".

Also, I had contacted MS/Support to assist with an issue relating to Windows Diagnostic Tool - Network Adaptor since it suddenly stopped working. The support person started a scan of my laptop, and I had to step away for awhile. When I returned, the BSOD came up and laptop would not restart until the Windows 7 "Restore" function was complete.

5. AFAS00

AFAS00 Thread Starter

Hi, I attempted the above recommendation, but still no success. I am unsure what "software" to use and attempt to recover the files / applications.

Also, still wondering if my "User Account" is corrupted, and a new account needs to be set-up??

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1142488

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice