1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

New PC won’t display? Rx580 issue?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Chiefkeef5, Sep 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Chiefkeef5

Chiefkeef5 Thread Starter

New Pc builder here. Built it pretty well for my first time. Everything powers on and all fans run along with rx580 is spinning but for some reason I’m getting no display. My hdmi is plugged into the graphics card. Any help?

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

First of all, you are posting in a hardware forum and no one [other than you] has any idea what hardware you used in the build. Post ALL of your exact specs; ie exact motherboard, exact processor, exact ram, pw supply, etc, etc, etc. Do not post 16gig of ram; post the exact brand and model# Do that for ALL of your parts.
    Next there is a guide at the top of the hw forum for problem builds. Read through the guide. Once we determine that all of your parts are compatible, then follow all steps of the guide.

Common errors for new builders;
    1 The 8/12pin aux pw connector is not plugged in
    2 Motherboard shorting to case due to incorrect placement of standoffs
    3 Motherboard does not support cpu installed
    4 Heatsink fan or cooler not installed correctly. More an intel problem than an amd problem since the amd type coolers are just about idiot proof however we have no idea what processor you are using.

3. Chiefkeef5

Chiefkeef5 Thread Starter

Okay

CPU : AMD Ryzen 2600
    CPU Fan: Deepcool gammax 400
    Mother board : ASRockb450 HDV 4.0
    RAM : 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix BLS2K4G4D28BFSB
    Card : Radeon XFX 580
    Power supply : Thermaltake smart 700W
    SSD : ADATA 512gb
    Case : Rosewill atx case

Everything is running all fans blowing all my switches work but I’m getting no signal to my monitor. People keep saying its my Ram: others are saying something’s plugged in wrong but everything is neat and in place and the only thing not working is my monitor display. What should I do?

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Which one of THESE graphic cards does your newly-built computer actually have?

crjdriver is one of the hardware/gaming experts here, so I'll leave you with him.

--------------------------------------------------------------

5. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

OK, your parts are compatible in that your board does support the 2600 from the release bios on.
    You are plugging in your monitor to the video card and NOT the onboard port on the motherboard correct?

If the above is correct, do the out of case build outlined in the guide. If you follow ALL of the steps, you will find the cause of your problem.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1232530

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice