1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

new pc wont post

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by roadblock98110, Sep 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. roadblock98110

roadblock98110 Thread Starter

I have just built a new computer (MSI H110M, intel i3 8100k, gtx 1050) I turn on the computer and the fans run, there is no troubleshoot light flashing, and the speaker thing is not beeping, but it wont display an image. This is definetely not my first pc build and i have tried everything and i am stumped.

2. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

Please list what you have tried.
    It is pointless me making suggestions - for you to simply reply - tried it.
    That would be a waste of your time and mine

Please also post make and full model of power supply and full details of ram

Are you sure the board supports the processor
    8th generation CPU
    as the board has the IntelĀ® H110 Chipset and I do not think 8th generation can be used with that chipset

Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
  3. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

I see a HUGE problem. Your cpu is not listed as supported. You installed an 8th gen processor in a motherboard that supports 6/7th gen processors.
    Here is the cpu support list for the board you listed. As you can see, no 8xxx series are listed.
    https://us.msi.com/Motherboard/support/H110M-GAMING#support-cpu
    This makes me wonder. The very first thing you do when selecting parts is to check for support/compatibility. This is done for all parts you intend on using ie ram, processor, drivers for any add-in cards, etc.

4. Macboatmaster

Indeed what I posted #

roadblock98110
    Although you should have checked, I would not feel too bad about your mistake. Even if you have built systems before, it is an easy mistake to make. A number of people have made the same mistake and I do not think you will be the last. The confusion of course is caused by the fact that both the 8th generation and earlier use the 1151 socket.
    IF you have bought the retail boxed version of the processor - you would have seen the warning on the box - packaging had you examined it.

5. Macboatmaster

roadblock98110

Having seen the replies a response from you would be appreciated

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1215280

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice