New pc worked but now wont work

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

EllisConrad

ok so I had just installed windows 10 pro on my new PC and I was installing the drivers for my motherboard (MSI b40 tomahawk max) when the screen went black I reset my PC tried different HDMI and display port cables and nothing would come up on the screen. graphics card , cpu cooler, case fans and motherboard leds all still work but nothing will get outputted to the screen and keyboard rgbs won't get powered. have tried multiple monitors but nothing is working

I was installing the drivers for my motherboard (MSI b40 tomahawk max)
Do these drivers also include "AMI Bios" installment?

when the screen went black I reset my PC
How did you "reset" your PC if the screen went black?

Please give minimum system info by running:
Tech Support Guy System Info

EDIT:
Ah forget about system info, you can't run it, sorry for confusion.

Last edited:

EllisConrad

I reset it by holding down the power button and then pressed it again and the driver that I got installed was Realtek HD Universal Driver

I reset it by holding down the power button and then pressed it again
That's called rebooting the PC. A reset is like installing the OS again. Windows 10 has 2 variations of this....wiping everything and starting new or wiping OS and keeping personal files.

ok so I had just installed windows 10 pro on my new PC and I was installing the drivers for my motherboard (MSI b40 tomahawk max) when the screen went black I reset my PC tried different HDMI and display port cables and nothing would come up on the screen. graphics card , cpu cooler, case fans and motherboard leds all still work but nothing will get outputted to the screen and keyboard rgbs won't get powered. have tried multiple monitors but nothing is working
Are you using the build in graphics adapter on the motherboard? Start our with the regular VGA that usually helps me. If you are, using the build adapters and still won't work, then I would get a plugged in graphics card and use the VGA adapter and see if that would work. After installing windows 10, before you install the board drivers, look to see what drivers is needed, by looking under device manager and only install the needed drivers there.

Good luck

Give your compete rig specifications ( don't use the TSG Utility) real specs not basic

BIOS version_

Ram specs (kit used with speed ratings)_

Power Supply (PSU)_

Your BIOS settings_ (ram speed cpu etc)

Mobo/GPU driver versions_

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online