New printer, do I need a smart phone to set up wifi?

conrail

Hi guys, I need to replace my printer, looking at them I notice that a number say that setup and particularly wifi set up needs to be done using a smart phone, as my phone isn't a smart phone can I set up using a laptop or just, as I have done previously done, setup directly using the wifi buttons on the printer and my router,

Couriant

James
You shouldn’t need a smart phone to set up a printer. Most have screens and you should still be able to connect with a cable of some sort.
Is there a particular printer you are looking at?

conrail

thank you Couriant, I was looking at an Epson's or Canons, my current Canon the printhead failed on one colour and it is cheaper to replace the printer than the printhead, I would prefer and front load paper tray due to space but not essential and I saw an HP Envy 6032e in my local Curry's then read the reviews and a lot of people said it needed the smart phone to set up, I just thought connecting directly to my router would do it, not a big user but my local Tesco have a Epson XP-400 at a good price, not a front load tray but I can get around that, also has individual inks against some that just have the two, never had one with just the two but would have thought better to replace one colour than one mixed colour, if you know what I mean

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online