New processor for my laptop

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

xita4

Hello there!

I have a laptop that I want to make faster (be able to play game like league of legends and team fortress 2 better).

I have a HP Pavilion g7 notebook PC with windows 8. My current processor is a AMD A4-4300M APU with radeon HD graphics (2 CPU'S) ~2.5GHz.
I have a 4096MB RAM memory.

I was wondering if I could buy a better processor or if my processor is stuck to my motherboard. If so, what processor can I buy to make it faster and how do I install it? I have about 150 euros available so price doesn't really matter.

Thanks in advance!

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
The only hardware upgrade option you have is to add more RAM, but that likely won't improve your gaming experience.

If you want to play hard-core games in a laptop, you need to buy one that's intended for that purpose and not for normal use.

----------------------------------------------------------

Your laptop has an APU processor.

You might have an upgrade path for a faster processor that will also have somewhat better graphics, as part of the chip.

This is NOT a gaming laptop...not even close...

Personally I would neither spend the money, nor get my hopes up.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts