1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

New Processor No Video

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by romelone, Jan 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. romelone

romelone Thread Starter

I have a k7s5a motherboard and a geforceTI4600 Video Card
    640 MB/s RAM
    20GB and 40GB Hard Drive
    I had a 900MHZ processor and just put in a new 1.4GHZ processor, after I put the new processor in I haven't got any video I have tried to put the old processor back in but still no video, all cables have been checked pulled apart and put back together many times please help [email protected]

2. n2gun

n2gun

First are you getting any beeps when you boot up? Also check the video cable to make sure a pin did not get bent. Have seen that happen a couple times.

3. bencpht

bencpht

Double check that your motherboard can support that processor. I have an ECS k7vta3 (step-up from yours) that was also supposed to support the athlon XP 1700, but after 3 weeks of not getting it to work I gave up. Since your videocard costs about 4 times as much as your motherboard, why not spring for a new mobo? You can get a much better board for $50 to $100. I recommend staying away from ECS, and going to asus or abit. I'm using an MSI right now with that Athlon, and have had no trouble (except with Linux).

4. danielno8

danielno8

i reccomend to stay with ECS.....the K7S5A is **** hot.Not a single problem with it.I have an XP 2000 running on it and a 64MB MX-440 and it is superb!!

your mobo can support that CPU

Daniel

5. Matrikx_

Matrikx_

I second the the Asus. I ve built many PC with this board type with very few issues. Ive built about 10 with ECS and all but 2 had problems within 6 months.

6. danielno8

danielno8

doesnt neccesarily mean it was the boards fault you had problems!!!!!!!

7. ridgerunner

ridgerunner

I'm running the same motherboard with 1700xp and have not had any problems. Try the simple things- have you reseated the video card and made sure it is fully inserted-It's been my problem more than once when upgrading or building systems.

8. danielno8

danielno8

Glad someone agrees!!!!!

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/115809

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice