New Processor No Video

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

romelone

I have a k7s5a motherboard and a geforceTI4600 Video Card
640 MB/s RAM
20GB and 40GB Hard Drive
I had a 900MHZ processor and just put in a new 1.4GHZ processor, after I put the new processor in I haven't got any video I have tried to put the old processor back in but still no video, all cables have been checked pulled apart and put back together many times please help [email protected]

First are you getting any beeps when you boot up? Also check the video cable to make sure a pin did not get bent. Have seen that happen a couple times.

Double check that your motherboard can support that processor. I have an ECS k7vta3 (step-up from yours) that was also supposed to support the athlon XP 1700, but after 3 weeks of not getting it to work I gave up. Since your videocard costs about 4 times as much as your motherboard, why not spring for a new mobo? You can get a much better board for $50 to $100. I recommend staying away from ECS, and going to asus or abit. I'm using an MSI right now with that Athlon, and have had no trouble (except with Linux).

i reccomend to stay with ECS.....the K7S5A is **** hot.Not a single problem with it.I have an XP 2000 running on it and a 64MB MX-440 and it is superb!!

your mobo can support that CPU

Daniel

I second the the Asus. I ve built many PC with this board type with very few issues. Ive built about 10 with ECS and all but 2 had problems within 6 months.

I'm running the same motherboard with 1700xp and have not had any problems. Try the simple things- have you reseated the video card and made sure it is fully inserted-It's been my problem more than once when upgrading or building systems.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online