1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

new psu, new problems, emachine

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by titan1234, Jul 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. titan1234

titan1234 Thread Starter

I replaced the psu on my emachines T2642 with the recommended 300 unit. Everything fit exactly. powered up just great. Now however I have no speakers, the usb ports do not work and videos do not run properly. Is this the motherboard or what? please help

2. win2kpro

win2kpro

Did the original PSU fail? If so, in about 90% of the cases a PSU failure in an eMachine will also take out the motherboard or other components. The failure MAY have just damaged the board rather than causing a complete board failure.

3. titan1234

titan1234 Thread Starter

yes the psu failed

4. win2kpro

win2kpro

Check and make sure all your connections are correct and tight. Remove and re-seat the memory modules and any add in cards. If you have a motherboard manual for the machine I would recommend clearing CMOS.

If you perform the above mentioned items and the machine still has problems there is a high percentage of probability that a motherboard component or components were damaged when the PSU failed.

The only way to prove this is by replacing board components such as memory, add in cards, etc. with known good components.

5. titan1234

titan1234 Thread Starter

I checked the connections already. Will check the cards as well. Thanks!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/595690

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice