New PSU replacement and now HDMI ports dont work on GPU

TheScienceGuy01

Hi! I recently bought a new psu because my old one was causing problems. Once I installed the new PSU I noticed that the non-modular side with all the cables fused into the PSU didn't include a pcie port t connect to my graphics card. I instead used one of the modular pcie ports on the PSU to add an external cable to power my gpu. Once I turned it on my computer ran just fine, but there would be no input to the screen. It would jjst be completely black as if the computer was off. I tried connecting the hdmi cable to anothet port on my GPU, but nothing changed. I am planning to get an adapter that lets me split one of the non-modular cables.

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks!

Tanis

Shane
Hi and welcome to TSG.

There is not much info to go on there, can you provide the following please:

- Make and model of the PC if it is a prebuilt like HP, Dell etc?
- If its a self/custom build please provide make and model of the CPU, motherboard, RAM, GPU, PSU (make, model and wattage - both old and new PSUs) and any HDDs?
- What were the problems caused by the old PSU?

It sounds like the new PSU does not have the right power connectors for your GPU, but the above will help with confirming if that is the case or not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online