New Quad Core System is slow.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dragonlight

I have just built a new computer using a Quad Core CPU. The MBD is Intel D975XBX2KR, Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz 2 x 4MB L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor, Crucial Ballistix 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory. Sata Hard drive, and 550power supply. I had a Core 2 dual before this and it was snappy, I am not very happy with this one. Just looking for a few answers.

Thanks.

dragonlight

My CPU is the B3 stepping, and the temp I am not sure. Is there some software that I can load in order to see that?

dragonlight

I have the latest Bios update, Have EIST enabled in Bios. I set the power scheme to Minimal, and pressed ctrl-alt-del, and pressed performance tab. It never stays at 0, it goes between 0 and 1. When it's at 0, I goto My Computer properties and the two cpu speeds are always the same. I also ram memtest / ram passed. I ran tests on cpu, hard drive, psu and all hardware it all passed. I am running Windows XP Media Center edition with SP2.

Is the B2 speed stepping a little more fussy than they GO?
The computer seems to be running a little better, but my Core 2 duo ram much faster and there where no hesitation as there are with this one.... Once and awhile the CPU will not respond right away.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online