New RAM wont boot into Windows

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

guen

Hi veryone, hope you're doing fine,

I just bought a new ram - fury hyperx 1x8gb ( https://www.kingston.com/dataSheets/HX318C10F_8.pdf ) - and it won't boot into windows, giving blue screen and a bunch of error messages like memory_management, bad_pool_reader, acpi_bios_error each time i try to boot.

Mobo: phitronics h55-m (i think its a ASROCK mobo reselled in brazil)
CPU: core i3 540 - 3.07ghz
Gpu: gtx 750 2gb

Weird thing is that on boot screen it recognizes the single slot with a 8gb ram, says it's ok, beeps and when windows try to load it gives those errors. Tried various frequencies at oc tweaker option in bios, tried a few ram timings I found around but nothing seems to make it work.
i cant find the bios update cause the manufacturers went bankrupt and took its website down.

i also tried a 4gb stick and bios wont even recongnizes it, boot get stuck just before the ram reading.
i think maybe there is something limiting the maximun ram, but i cant find what it is

all used rams work just fine on others computers. I don't know what else to do, any thoughts?

Thank you in advance for your time :)

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
If your computer has an ASRock H55M motherboard, it has 2 DIMM slots and supports a maximum of 8 GB of DDR3-1600 RAM.
That means you can't install more than 4 GB in each DIMM slot.
(4 GB X 2 = 8 GB)

Installing an 8 GB module in either DIMM slot won't work.

Capture.JPG

---------------------------------------------------------------

guen

i think the manufacturer just imports the mobo and change the brand name in the bios, so, i think its the same mobo, anyway, i tried a 4gb stick and it wont even go past the memory check, no beeps and such... i find it strange that it sees the 8gb module, says its ok when booting, beeps then procceds to load windows, thats when the crash occurs. is it normal that the bios recognizes the 8gb stick and since its not supported it wont work?

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
You've been tweaking and overclocking and changing timings, so that may be part of the problem.
That's beyond my expertise, so someone else here will need to advise you further.

--------------------------------------------------------------

guen

thanks anyway flavallee :) ill keep digging, if i find something i'll comeback to post the about it

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
You're welcome, and good luck.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online