1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

New Samsung laptop overheating!

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by icetana, Feb 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. icetana

icetana Thread Starter

Hi there,

I have recently bough new Samsung laptop with Windows 7, Intel Core i5, 4GB RAM and Nvidia Ge-force graphic card with 1GB RAM. I'm using it for graphic design and not for playing games. After only 3 months system started overheating! Even if I'm only watching a movie, after about 2 hours vents turn on and it becomes quite hot! I've tried vacuum cleaner and hair drier to get rid of the dust (this helped on my previous laptop) but nothing has changed. Also my battery is now getting empty very quickly, I'm guessing that's because vents are working overtime? I had some problems with my graphic card from the beginning, video players would freeze etc. but I solved that problem by updating driver and it seams that around that time problems with overheating began. I've read online that some Nvidia drivers were causing this problem but I'm not using the driver in question so i'm not sure what else could it be? Also when I'm working in Illustrator I would sometimes get a message that there's not enough memory installed even though the file is very small and I have quite enough of memory. Than the vents would turn up to the max. Anyone knows what this could be? Please help!

2. DVOM

DVOM

I'm guessing that something is using a lot of your CPU. So next time it starts to happen, right click on your task bar and choose "Start Task Manager". Then click the tab "Processes", that'll give you a list of all the processes running and how much CPU they're using and their memory usage.

System Idle Process is expected to be high as it registers percentage of time your processor is idle.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1041353

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice