New SAMSUNG printer wont print!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mogster

I recently purchased a ML2010 laser printer. I also bought a USB A to B device cable.
I followed the instructions and set up the new printer, inserted toner cartridge, connected power, connected USB cable and input power. Pressed the cancel button for 2 seconds and got a test page to print.

I installed the Samsung ML2010 series software from Laser Printer Driver CD. Everything installs okay. I can see the printer icon in the toolbar.

When i click print the computer tries to print to file. I therefore changed this setting in Start-settings-printers-properties-details-"Print to the following port:"- SSUSB
Still nothing prints.

I have downloaded Dr Printer from the Samsung website but that says "failed to get port information - everything is fine" but the test page does not print after diagnosis is complete.

I now have no idea what to do. Can anyone please help me?
My computer is running MS windows 98 SE 4.10.222A. GenuineIntel x86 Family Model 2 Stepping 7 239.0MB RAM

Have tried emailing Samsung support but get no reply. :confused:

What happens when you go to 'printers and faxes'? Do you see the new printer? Can you set it as the default printer? Can you go into "properties " and print a test page.

mogster

Thanks for the response.
Yes I can see the printer in the "printers" window. It is set as default. When I click "print test page" everything appears to print correctly (egg timer + small icon printing in toolbar + "printer test page completed" message) however nothing prints! nothing on the printer flashes and no paper comes out.
The USB port i am using works for my camera and portable HDD. Could it be set up wrong for the printer?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online