new SATA optical drive not recognized

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

gordoncanada

Hello,
I have an HP m7350n multi-media computer running Windows 7 Professional 64 bit (4 gigs RAM, 3.5 recognized due to motherboard limitations I think) and I recently replaced one of the DVD drives with a SATA BDRom/DVDwriter (Samsung DVDWBD SH-B083L). Windows recognizes both drives. However, my favorite burning program (Divx 7 player) no longer recognizes either of the drives. My favorite DVD burning program (TMPG Authoringworks 4) only recognizes the pre-existing IDE drive.

Does anyone know if there is anything I can try to fix this?

Thanks

uninstall both rom-drives in device manager reboot and windows should reinstall both drives if the sata drivers are installed.
the sata drive should install ok. also check the position of the drive on the ide cable master /slave
also check the hp web site for updates of drivers

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online