1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

New scanner won't work

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Ummaof2, Nov 25, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ummaof2

Ummaof2 Thread Starter

I just installed a Memorex 6142u scanner. I did everything according to instructions and it seemed to go fine-- no error messages during install, anyway. The light goes on so I know it "works". But when I try to scan, I get a message that says "System Error" and tells me to check if the power source is plugged in correctly (it is), if the parallel port connected to the PC properly (it is in a USB port that is connected properly-- other devices have been plugged in there before), and if the BIOS is set to EPP mode (it is). I'm at a loss as to how to proceed. I have an e-mail in to their Tech Support, but being the weekend I thought I'd try here, too.

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Is the EPP suggestion for the parallel connection or the USB?

Try changing it back.....

Also, does the scanner show up in the control panel, system, device manager under imaging device?

3. slipe

slipe

It seems that you have the wrong driver installed. I would guess that they make a similar parallel model and that they either included the wrong CD or you made the wrong choice during installation.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/59581

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice