New setup problems.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Mikal448

Hey. :D

I just completed building a new machine, consisting of the following.
AMD 64 3400+
512 3200 DDR RAM
Geforce 6800 GT
Antec 480Watt power supply
On a 8kDA Epox motherboard.

Now I myself am not a computer expert, and i have a few friends who are more knowledgable than myself. I know enough to build a computer and get it running.

After some problems with a faulty stick of RAM we got the machine running, but i am still seeing some problems in so far as processing speed and graphical speed. I do have all of the proper drivers installed, and thought i would ask if anyone had any general troubleshooting ideas for me. Any suggestion would be appreciated as i'm ready for this machine to work properly already! :mad:

Did you make sure the clock speed of your processor is correct? Right click on my computer and hit properties. It should show you the processor speed there. I think for a 3400+, that should be around 2.3 or 2.4GHz.
-X

Mikal448

Yes, the processor is supposedly running at it's proper speed. It's supposedly running at 2.2 GHZ

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online