1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

New Sound Card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by thawtz05, Jul 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. thawtz05

thawtz05 Thread Starter

Okay i previously had a problem with my audio. I have now gone out and bought a new sound card and installed it. And Im still having problems. I have also plugged in headphones to check if the sound card is working and I get perfect audio through the sound card, i have also replaced the USB cord going from my stereo to my computer and it still doesnt work. I am running out of options and would like someone to please help me out.

Running: Windows XP
    New Sound Card: Creative Blaster Audigy SE

2. norton850

norton850

Do you have "regular" ie computer speakers hooked up to your sound card as well as the stereo?

3. thawtz05

thawtz05 Thread Starter

no only my stereo. And i've already checked to make sure that those speakers work.

4. norton850

norton850

I need to ask a stupid question. :eek: What USB cable? Where does it go?

5. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    Unless you are using Digital output to your stereo, you should have a patch cord with a 16th" stereo jack connected to your line out on your sound card and the RCA connectors going to your line in ports on your stereo. Digital Audio will only work if your stereo has the input for it.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/484118

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice