New SpellCheck - Seems Buggy

Omega_Shadow

First off I love the new spell check system!! Feels more like a Document Editor SpellCheck. That said....

I notice it does not have the spellchecking capabilities of the last one. I could literally MURDER a word and still get suggestions, Ninety percent of the time the correct ones. With this spell check, well I have noticed that it has a hard time with most of my errors. Most of the time it doesnt have any suggestions. It is realy hit and miss.

Just letting you know in case you didnt already.

PS, Any way to edit it to check the titles too? Those errors are the worst as you cant edit them after you submit

Guyzer

Guy
I noticed the same issue with the spelting chekker. I like to post correctly but I've found that crossing fingers works when all else fails.

I have had the spell checker work great but then after I close it I can not move are my Cursor or even use the arrow key to move the Cursor. I had to leave the Quick Reply and use the Go Advanced to clear the screw up. Then if I am the Advanced and use the spell check to clear the same thing I click on the Preview Post.

The new spell checker is a weak version compared to the old one. It doesn't seem to have the ability to guesstimate at the word intended like the old one nor does it's dixtionary of words seem very extensive. As a test I just misspelled dictionary and while it found that it was incorrect it gave no alternatives. That's pretty sad. :(

Omega_Shadow

Today the spellcheck is doing alot better with misspellings, only one it could not guestimate

Omega_Shadow

How did I know you where going to post that :rolleyes:
IESpell doesnt work too awful well in linux, John :p ;)

Omega_Shadow

gbrumb said:
Nor in Firefox.
There is an extension for FireFox under Windows for a spellchecker. I know this because I used to use it when I still worked with windows. Let me will see if I can't dig up that link for ya

EDIT>> Hey! Whatcha know, two flying mammals with one projectile!! :D

FireFox Spellcheckers:
Windows & Linux: SpellBound
Pure Linux: AspellFox

Thanks but Spellbound will not, as of yet, work in Firefox version 1.5. I've been waitng on a fix.

Omega_Shadow

Really? I got it to work. Try uninstalling the extension and reinstalling it. I had a problem where it just said it was not compatible after I upgraded to 1.5 but actually it was just the dictionary file that was not working. Uninstall and reinstall that extension and see what happens.

TechGuy

Mike
Administrator
I agree -- I don't like the new spell check nearly as much as the old. I just made a few changes; see if it makes any difference.

Omega_Shadow

**Runs Test With Many Misspelled Words**

Wow, much better. You guys try- it's making alot more suggestions now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online