New ssd installation

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

julianv010101

Dear Tech supporters,

My name is Julian and I have a request. I recently have bought a new ssd. A samsung 850 EVO 250 gb and I want to use it. But I dont know how. I want to put windows on it, and I tried but it didnt work because it wasnt registered. I bought this pc with windows on it already so I dont have a cd or usb with windows on it. So I want to put the opeting system on my ssd, and big games. And use harddrive for storage. But I only have a 32 gb usb. I dont knwo what to do. Can you help me please?

With kind regards

Julian

dmccoy

Darrin
Is this s laptop or desktop?

You can either hook up your new drive if desktop or use a usb adapter to connect your SSD to the laptop and then use a cloning software to clone your hard drive to the new drive.

You can download a copy of Windows 10 and perform a new clean install of Windows 10 on the new SSD and then reinstall your third party programs and any files needed. I assume you will use your existing drive for either data storage and/or backups

Let us know how you would like to proceed and we can provide more details and guidance

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online