New Subforum

brendandonhu

Thread Starter
Joined
Jul 8, 2002
Messages
14,681
Having tons of forums/subforums to scroll through is annoying, but I'd like to suggest a new subforum for security helpers to keep track of new programs, fixes, etc (as some of them are difficult and change daily.) There are already a few sticky threads in Security about these topics and I think it would be good to have a separate section for them like a lot of other sites do. What do you guys think?
 
Joined
Jun 19, 2004
Messages
7,800
Like latest bugs, leaks, danger sites forum...

I like it and it would fast be a well loved addition.
 

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Joined
Oct 19, 2002
Messages
106,556
And yet another place for people to post duplicate threads. :rolleyes: :p
 

brendandonhu

Thread Starter
Joined
Jul 8, 2002
Messages
14,681
JohnWill said:
And yet another place for people to post duplicate threads. :rolleyes: :p
I imagine it would have a big duplicate problem, but making it invisible to Junior Members would probably solve that.
 
Joined
Aug 2, 2004
Messages
4,319
brendandonhu said:
making it invisible to Junior Members would probably solve that.
You Can Do That?! :eek:
I hereby request that all discussion forums be invisible to junior members :p :D
 

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
Joined
Apr 25, 2000
Messages
14,172
Omega_Shadow said:
brendandonhu said:
making it invisible to Junior Members would probably solve that.
You Can Do That?! :eek:
I hereby request that all discussion forums be invisible to junior members :p :D
That is a great idea! :D
 
Joined
May 13, 2005
Messages
4,699
brendandonhu said:
Having tons of forums/subforums to scroll through is annoying, but I'd like to suggest a new subforum for security helpers to keep track of new programs, fixes, etc (as some of them are difficult and change daily.) There are already a few sticky threads in Security about these topics and I think it would be good to have a separate section for them like a lot of other sites do. What do you guys think?
I think this is a very good idea!
David :)
 
Joined
Jul 19, 2004
Messages
5,646
Good idea, although the junior member rule may cause junior members to post stupid, offtopic stuff in threads just to gain post count. That's what discussion is better for, and if you remove discussion use for junior members... well you can see where I'm going.
 
Joined
Jul 14, 2005
Messages
278
Most of my posts have been helping others, but even I admit that around 25 of them were in discussion so it is helpful lol :D
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Top