new system, high expectations.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

maxibhoy

Just got my new cpu, mb and mem all together today and so far i've not been too pleased with the performance i've been getting. Ok In my previous setup i was running an intel p4 3.6ghz with 1gb pc3200. I've now had a substantial upgrade to an X6800, p5w dh deluxe and 2gb Geil pc2-6400 4-4-4-12. Only thing is i've not really seen the performance gains i've been expecting so far at least. Ok before the upgrade with my old system i used to get about 5200 3dmarks (x1950 xtx) i'm now getting just over a thousand more but i was really expecting more i mean this cpu is supposed to be about 150% better than my previous and also there are a lot of people getting the same scores easy with e6400 and 7600 gt. Also it won't overclock. I can't even get a 5 % overclock using asus's auto overclocking utility in the bios. Or by any other manual way. it will hang at next post after trying any oc at all. Now these cpu's are supposed to oc to 3.6 without needing to turn up the voltage so what's the problem with my setup? It has to be some configorations i think cos it's not heat. cpu idles at 26.5-27.5c mb 27c which is excellent temps. Anyone any advice, suggestions, help? Cheers Max.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online