1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

new system issues (sound, SATA unrecognized)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by drinkxyz, Jul 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drinkxyz

drinkxyz Thread Starter

Hi, I put together a new system over the past week, and I managed to get most of the kinks out. However there are still a couple of problems I'm having that I can't seem to figure out, and I'm praying that one of you can help. Most importantly I have no sound. My speaker system and sound card were retained from my old dead system. I confirmed the speakers still work properly with their diagnostics and another computer. My creative audigy 2 zs card worked fine in my old system. It is recognized in the new system, and windows says everything is just dandy, yet when I have it make any sort of noise (system, mp3s etc) it fails. It appears like it should be playing sounds. There are no error messages. Just to be sure I went through all the basic troubleshooting that windows suggests for sound trouble. Drivers are updated, latest creative software installed, bios appears correct with onboard audio disabled although interestingly I can not get onboard sound to work either if I take the card out or disable it through device manager.

The other problem I'm having is that my system will not detect my SATA HD. I've tried plugging it into different mobo ports to no avail.

Anyway, the system is blazing fast and cool, but it is so quiet in here! Please help! :confused:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/597261

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice