1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

New to Build a PC: No Display on monitor / Boot

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dan5075, Aug 2, 2019.

1. dan5075

dan5075 Thread Starter

MOBO: ASrock B365 Phantom Gaming 4

RAM: T Force Delta RGB 16GB

CPU: i9 9900k intel ( was a little tough to lock CPU into place when pushing down lever)

Storage: M. 2 Intel SSD

P.S connecting P.C to monitor with a display port. Not HDMI

Troubleshoot starts off with a quick Blink of CPU and DRAM. Lights goes off for a quick second and then DRAM light remains consistent.

I found out that one of the RAM sticks does not light up and one does light up. I tried to leave only the one that lights up in the slot, but then the troubleshoot light for DRAM still remains consistent. Leaving no display (and not sure if the computer is booting).

I do know that my fan, and graphics card, lights on mobo is running smoothly when I push the power button.

What I am not sure with is....

if my desk would like smoothly if I just replace RAM (Since troubleshoot light is consistently on DRAM)

or if there could be a problem with my CPU and MOBO itself.

Please and Thank you so much for your help. I would really appreciate it because I'm trying to learn.

2. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Take it back down to bare bones out on a table.

Nothing but:
    motherboard (on a non-conductive surface),
    CPU (w/heatsink),
    RAM,
    PSU,
    video,
    keyboard and mouse. ​

Now see if it will boot into the BIOS. If not, try a different PSU and/or RAM. Once you do get into the BIOS, reset the BIOS to factory default.

Now try running an Operating System (*nix) from a bootable USB flash drive. Exercise it some (web) and then leave it running overnight. If it's still where you left it the night before, power down, hook up your drive with Windows on it and try the same, (exercise it, web, games, whatever), and leave it running overnight. If it's fine the next morning, power down and reassemble everything back in the case. As you continue beyond the bare minimum though, only add one or two pieces of hardware at a time and then test to make sure what was added isn't causing problems. You get the idea ...

SarahSims likes this.
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1230938

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice